Thursday, October 17, 2013

Rob Starring In 'Misoneism', A Short Film Directed by Zach Hill from Death Grips?


Rob with Zach Hill and MC Ride from Death Grips at Beyonce's concert earlier this year

ETA: Pitchforks just posted that Rob is probably not doing a movie with Death Grips' Zach Hill. Even on their article they're not sure of what's going on. Is this part of a "social experiment" as mentioned on the letter released by the band (posted below) to Pigeons and Planes and now denied to Pitchforks? Well we'll wait and see.

From Pitchforks (read the full article at the link)
However, the band tells Pitchfork that none of this is true. There is no short film directed by Zach Hill and starring Robert Pattinson. They don't know who sent the letter.

But, this being Death Grips... who knows what's going on.

ETA2: Colin Hanks spoke to Consequences of Sound and said he didn't make a movie with the band.

From Consequences of Sound:
Hanks tells Consequence of Sound that news of him making a movie with Death Grips is untrue. So it definitely looks ilike we can chalk this one up as a hoax. Sorry, folks.

ETA 3: Pigeons and Planes posted an update to their post saying that someone claiming to be Death Grips' management confirmed the letter, but the confirmation might be fake. So we're back to wait and see...

From Pigeons and Planes
UPDATE: According to Pitchfork, the band has denied that any of this is true, but this may be all part of the plan. Someone claiming to be Death Grips’ management has confirmed the original letter with us, saying they are trying to keep this low key. But there is a chance that this confirmation is fake. Stay tuned.

ETA 4: Death Grips posted about the "letter" on their tumblr account. You can see the update by just checking the page, but if you follow them, you can see it on you Dashborard - posted yesterday. (You can also see the post by clicking on the url's permalink)



we don't know who wrote the letter. but soon.

Original Post

From Pigeons and Planes
Death Grips have been in the news lately for canceling dates and not showing up to scheduled concerts, but they’ve been productive during their time off. Today, they sent out a press release (sent “exclusively to 10 smaller websites”) to let people know what they’ve been up to, and in addition to starting a record label, they’ll be releasing books, artwork, and a film. The film is about underground prostitution, and in line with what Death Grips has been doing since day one, it sets out to shed light “in a shocking and abrasive way.” Read the full message below:

This is a message from DEATH GRIPS.

We have recently founded a record label, created via a very unique relationship with Harvest/Capitol, to be distributed by Caroline. On here, we anticipate our creative endeavours being achieved with unaltered possibilities. Not only does it function as a medium to distribute any upcoming music we create, but it will also be used as a platform to showcase other forms of art. Stefan Burnett, our vocalist, will soon be releasing a very limited number of hardback books for his visual artwork, with the help of PictureBox. Not only that, but Zach Hill is currently wrapping up a short film he directed with an OST by DEATH GRIPS. The film is entitled Misoneism, is shot entirely in monochrome film, and follows the exploits of a young man forced into the underground prostitution business in Brazil. Starring Robert Pattinson and Colin Hanks, the film hopes to shed light on the matter in a shocking and abrasive way. The film is slated for a Spring 2014 release with a one time only screening at Sacramento’s historic Guild Theater. Further details on Misoneism will be released in the coming weeks through our Tumblr (now wiped clean and specifically dedicated to Misoneism.) A 2 minute trailer is to be released on the aforementioned link very soon.

Birds, released on 21st of August, can now be officially announced as a cut from Misoneism’s OST. The track was received extremely well.

This message has been sent to exclusively 10 smaller websites to accentuate the minimal approach we are going to approach the promotion of Misoneism. The film was conceived with the ethos of Sacramento’s 70′s independent films, most of which were fairly low budget and gained, at best, modest popularity. In a sense, the promotion is a social experiment. We purposefully employed very high profile actors to star in an experimental, avant-garde film, promoted only on smaller indie music websites and publications for reasons that we will reveal in the upcoming press kit.


m0re to come.

- DEATH GRIPS

Birds by the Death Grops that will be in Misoneism’s OST


In May 2013 Death Grips announced in an official message that Zach was currently working on writing, directing, and soundtracking a feature film (source)
Zach is currently writing, directing and soundtracking an original feature film. The movie is of his own creation, fictionally based and not related to the group. The film will be soundtracked with all new Death Grips music. He is also working on and recording the new Death Grips album at the moment. Death Grips is Stefan. Zach. Andy. Zach is very much still in Death Grips.

-Death Grips

More pictures of Rob with Zach Hill and MC Ride from Death Grips were posted HERE

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really, WOW, great news

twmmy said...

Yeah! This is a surprise! I ould like to see more like this!

Iluvthemovies said...

Fantastic...good cause and exposure in a short film. He is certainly doing all sorts of media, movies, commercials, television (Bad Mother's Handbook) now short film. Not to crazy for the music, but I am eager to see the film.

Unknown said...

So... Following up with the social experiment they propose... People, how much till spring?...
I do want to see pretty much all that involves Robert Pattinson's fingers!... ;)

@iluvthemovies (Linda, right?)... Actually the music is pretty good to be basic... ie, those sounds you do not pay much attention to when watching a movie, but that if they're missing, then the film (even if short) feels empty and meh... Birds is good for that, but as a song to put my complete attention to... I think I'd need a drink before, and be "tuned", as in it better be 3am... XD

Now, lets just say I think I caught something whilst listening to it... but I'll wait until other news are posted before opening my mouth, or fingers in my Hands... Whatever... :)

Hugs everyone!
X

Ps: Le friend in plaid... I still like you... very much... Might be the plaid... XD
Scratch that... It's the smirk... And hands in pockets...
The stance, period... :)

debbie nerissa threet said...

How annoying. :/ Excitement for nothing?

debbie nerissa threet said...

@Margarita, Jamie is cute. :) He's with Dakota Fanning, did you hear/see? :) I think they are sweet.

Unknown said...

@debbie For real?... :D... Well, he's got great taste, now I like him more... XD... Thanks for tellig me... :)
But he'll always be "Le friend in plaid"... I've got already another Jamie in my life and things might get confusing... and not for good... ^.^

Unknown said...

*telling ... I just can't type with gloves...

debbie nerissa threet said...

I see. :) You're welcome! I'd just recently learned that Roberts been friends with him for years and did a modeling shoot with him. Cool!

Unknown said...

O.O
Tell me you have the product... ie, the photos... Just, tell me you do!!!!!...
Come on, Debbie... Make my Friday... Please?... ^.^
If it's like Robert's oldies, Lord knows I need to see that...

Please excuse the off-topic-ness, everyone... :)

twmmy said...

@debbie why for nothing? I think it's an interesting journey for Rob, and as his fan I'm glad he is doing things unusual way. I tried to hear this group's hmmm- music(?), not my taste, but the short film could be interesting, or provocative, or annoying. I like short films. to tell a story in 10-20 minutes is way different from a movie film - like quintessence a common ilm. So, we are excited.

debbie nerissa threet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
debbie nerissa threet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
debbie nerissa threet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
debbie nerissa threet said...

Gosh commenting is a challenge right now.

@tymmy I meant for nothing because the project news looks like it is false information...

@Margarita I found an old one at this link. :) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOa8Y9yCAAATk1Q.jpg:large

Unknown said...

Jesus!... I don't know if laughing or saying "they look good"...
Looks like a yearbook photo to me... Except for the dogs...
But either way... THANK YOU... :D...
Now I'm "shipping" (God, I hate that word) their friendship... I still think it has something to do with plaid... :P

debbie nerissa threet said...

I love it! :)

twilightnan said...

I just found out that This short film of ROB is a HOAX !!!...I don't know the full story but this is shocking to know...can't understand the mentality of people who do this sort of thing ..makes me so angry!

twmmy said...

And it's not true. Sad, that the internet is used to say things that aren't true. Why people do it, I'll never understand.

twmmy said...

@debbie, I apologise, my fault, I haven't read the update....

debbie nerissa threet said...

No problem. :) I share your feelings...

Unknown said...

Said HOAX and spreading news just to see how people would react is actually a publicity strategy... Hence why I said let's follow up your social experiment...
It's just done to test if the project would be successful or not, just to see if they invest their money or not...
I mean, spare the feelings, media is visceral, and many just see you as a subject, not as a person who actually feels down when learning that the news were all a complete lie...
Trust me, you get used to it... It's sad, and mean, but c'est la vie, ma'dear...

I'm other news... When's 24th?... Thursday, right?...

Unknown said...

If I was bored, I just look on the internet on any kind of films and videos that are entertaining.
Amazing Short Films