Thursday, October 17, 2013

Rob in Grazia South Africa - Scan + Transcript

Again nothing new. The questions are from the generic interview published in lots of magazines and posted here. The only difference is that this one is in English - his original quotes - and not translated.

Posting for those interested.




Transcript
Fragances often trigger memories. Do you have memories related to scents?
I remember my dad wearing Brut de Farbegé. He still has it, and it reminds me of my early school days. So strange it is so ingrained in me; I can still imagine exactly what it smelled like. Later when I was 12 and started talking to girls, I thought wearing perfume was the cool thing to do. I remember being on holiday in Portugal and watching teenagers going into bars. As I believed that splashing cologne would convince everyone I was an adult, I sure did: that and hair gel were my best friends that summer.

Are there landscapes or cities you associate with certain scents?
My dad comes from Yorkshire where the moors have miles of heather, and the smell of it is just incredible.

Do you have a favorite scent?
I like the smell of people! It is really odd and a total pherormone thing, but you can often tell someone's nature by their smell. We hang out with people because they smell good to us on an unconscious level.

Now that you're 27, is wearing fragance more feel-good gesture or a seduction move?
It still seems like a very adult thing to do. And if you go out with some fragance on, you are going out for a reason...

What woman could be wearing Dior Homme, in your eyes?
A free spirit. A woman of her own mind, refusing to smell "pretty" or do what's expected of her. And clearly a woman who is not confused about her idea of femininity.

How sweet is the smell of success?
Being an actor is a weird thing and one's idea of success, strangely enough, changes over the years. But there is the "sweet" side of success: I don't have to worry and work just for money, for a few years at least. I have an enourmous amount of respect for films, so I'm trying to use whatever time, energy and influence I have to make interesting choices that no one else is making. I just said I was "trying" but it's funny you know: I do not really feel like I have been successful yet. There is something about Dior that is very close to my present state of mind: it is almost aggessively independent, and that is what I'm trying to do with everything at that stage of my life.

You never seem to relax, but when you do, what's your favorite...
Spot to relax?
In the English countryside.
Piece of literature? Anything by Martin Amis.
Piece of music, musician or band? Probably Van Morrison.
Moment of the day? That changes depending on what I did the day before.
Pastime? I do not really have any. But it's probably something to do with music.
Animal to be around? My two dogs.
Word to hear? Yes.

Thanks to Gossipgyal for the scan.

1 comment:

tori said...

"scent of a man" lol could not be cheesier. but boy looks fine as hell. and i like his talk talk.