Thursday, October 10, 2013

Rob in Ativa (Portugal) and Style Up Your Life (Austria) Magazines

Ativa (Portugal)

Full Scans

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

With so many Dior promo interviews (check them all HERE) I don't believe any of the quotes in this interview are new, but we added the translation anyway.

Translation
One of the weirdest encounters that Rob Pattinson had when he was "out of character" was with an intrepid seven year old fan who passionately asked him "Bite me, please." The phrase sums up the desire of millions of women around the world, of all ages, that wouldn't care to feel a bite on the carotid from him .
But Rob is slowly leaving behind the ghost of Edward Cullen, the famous vampire from The Twilight Saga. No wonder that this artistic grown was responsible for the invitation to be the new face of the Dior Homme campaign. "Dior is a name so iconic, and I love what people call the French touch," says the actor . The campaign video, directed by Romain Gavras ,shows us a sexy 'bad boy' version of Rob. Opposite the model Camille Rowe at the sound of 'Whole Lotta Love' by Led Zeppelin, he personifies the cool urban young man, elegant, adventurous, and seductive. "The idea to redefine a classic fragrance was very attractive to me, and anything with a "heavier" air, associated with Dior, brings an interesting mix of emotions. Romain and I imagined someone quite sophisticated but a little wild. A free spirit that do what he wants and is fearless about it." And for him the free spirits are much more attractive. "I'm fascinated by people who genuinely don't care to what others think."

"When we thought about the character in the film, we immediately imagined a younger Jean-Paul Belmondo. A seductive man, witty and fun." Robert Pattinson

"It's witty and sophisticated. But it also has something very honest in it," Pattinson says about the new video and sensual campaign that he shot for the fragrance Dior Homme. "I never felt like we were 'selling' anything during the time that we were of filming. It was just fun."

The second part of the article talks about his career, focusing on Edward and Twilight, with quotes from old interviews from New Moon promo (it's mentioned in the article that the quotes are from that promo). Nothing new, but here is the translation of his quotes - mostly about Twilight.:

"People thought it would be a "viking" movie. I thought that! I was already seeing myself in a disgusting wig and saying 'this is Edward'" The actor doesn't mince words when he speaks of his character. "People who hate the films tend to be very cynical and moralistic and generally speak of what they haven't seen. And I think I'm one of those cynical and moralist people that would have hated it, if I hadn't seen it,"
"When I read the book, I thought the author was crazy. It was as like she had dreamed about something very sexy and had written about her fantasies. But the book has a lot of action and turns out to be quite honest... what is a bit strange."
About the screaming fans "It seems they like this old-fashioned kind of guy, men who will open the car door and are real gentlemen. I thought they weren't attracted to that..."
Pattinson has two older sisters and says that they helped him develop a side... "kind of like a gentleman. I grew up surrounded by many girls, so I guess I have a different mentality." And did that help him understand women? " Maybe I've become more... patient!"
"I miss going to the movies in Los Angeles, that has the best cinemas in the world. I used to go four or five times a week but now it is impossible, with all cellphone cameras."

Style Up Your Life (Austria)

Full Scans

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Again, nothing new in this interview. Just a combination of questions we've seen in different Dior promo interviews. Here's the translation for those interested.

Translation
NEW ICON

Since his role in the vampire saga Twilight, Robert Pattinson is part of Hollywood’s A-list of actors.Therefore it is hardly surprising that he was chosen to be the new face of Dior Homme. STYLE UP YOUR LIFE! met with the trendy film star for an interview.

Smells often trigger memories of certain things.
What do you associate with certain smells?I remember very clearly that my father always used to wear Brut de Faberge“. Do you remember that fragrance? He still owns it today and it reminds me of my early time at school. It‘s anchored very deeply in my memory and to this day I remember exactly how it smells. When I started getting interested in girls (at about age 12), I decided it was cool to wear perfume. On a holiday in Portugal I watched some teenagers go into a bar. To convince them I was older, I put on some Eau de Cologne (laughs).

Are there landscapes or towns you associate with certain smells?
My father is from Yorkshire, where you get a lot of heather in the moors. That smell is simply unbelievable. We used to go there at Christmas and although I haven‘t been there for a long time, I still remember that smell.

Do you have a favorite smell?
It doesn’t necessarily have to be a perfume. I like the smell of people! (laughs) It is really strange and I‘m sure it has to do with pheromones. We like people because subconsciously we like the way they smell. I always find this very interesting to observe.

You are 27 years old. Do you wear perfume to feel comfortable or to seduce?
It still feels like something very grown up. If you use perfume when going out, you‘re going out for a very specific reason (smiles).

Which woman could wear Dior Homme in your opinion?
A free thinker! A headstrong woman who refuses to smell “pretty“. She never does exactly what you would expect of her. It certainly would be a woman with a very specific image of femininity.

Do London (where you have lived), New York (where you shot the campaign) and Paris (home of Dior) have their own smell?
Apart from my family I miss the smell of London after i trained the most. The airports Heathrow and Gatwick are surrounded by fields. When you land there you immediately smell wet grass and it really always rains when I land there. New York is totally different. For me the town smells of food, because it’s available at every corner. Strangely enough I never associate France with food although it is a large part of the French culture. It’s more of a visual thing, a certain feeling. Paris IS a feeling. To describe Paris is a bit like describing Dior. It’s a very different world. I really love strolling freely through a town in which films are still respected as an art form.

Ativa: Scans | Style Up Your Life: Scans + Translation

3 comments:

twilightnan said...

Hello everyone!..I have not been commenting for a while now but I do come and lurked here daily....This Dior Homme Fragrance smells as Delisciously Gorgeous as ROB!!the saleslady told me the new Dior ROB posters will be on display soon just in time for xmas'..I said it's about time we see big posters of DIOR ROB in the UK!!..Hi to all rplifers...miss you guys....Thanks RPLife:-)

No one special said...

Hello twilightnan, I have been wondering where you were. I too, lurk daily but don't always comment. Hope you are all good anyway. I love reading about what rob had to say.

twilightnan said...

Hello there, No one special!...it's good to see you...I'm fine thank you:)...I love him in that tan coat..he is such a very beautiful young man..excited to see those two movies he's done this year The Rover & Maps to the Stars!..I'm sure I'll read you again here soon!..*waves*..Iluvthemovies,Twilola,Haxy,LisaCT, vana:-)