Monday, August 13, 2012

Rob talks to Access Hollywood about Cosmopolis and his fans' support

All pictures from the premiere are in this post (we keep updating with more HQs)

Youtube thanks to @veronicaspuffy - Access Hollywood player at the bottom of the post



ETA: Video of Paul Giamatti talking about Rob - at 1:20



A smartly dressed Robert Pattinson stepped out in New York City on Monday evening, for the premiere of his new film, “Cosmopolis,” marking the star’s first public event since news of Kristen Stewart’s cheating scandal broke.

But despite the recent headlines, Robert was focused on his film — and his fans.

Hitting the red carpet, the actor expressed remorse over not being able to take care of his fans’ red carpet wishes – an autograph from their “Twilight” hunk.

“Every time I’ve done [a premiere] in New York it’s pretty crazy, but there’s absolutely no way to sign anything,” he laughed while chatting with Access Hollywood on the “Cosmopolis” red carpet. “That’s the only problem.”

Dozens of fans held up signs of support for Rob as he hit his premiere, after an appearance on Jon Stewart’s “The Daily Show,” and the actor was thankful for their support.

“It’s great,” he said of the fan reaction and support. “It’s wonderful.”

Robert is proud of his new film, and he said shooting most of his scenes in a limo actually provided some comfort.

“It makes it easier… I was extremely nervous at the beginning. It’s a complicated script, so just having anything where you can have some kind of security, some kind of stability in it, just made it more comfortable for me, especially the caliber of actors and stuff,” Robert told Access. “People way more experienced than me — as long as I had my limo and I had the same seat, it was just a lot easier.”

According to fans who attended “The Daily Show” taping, Jon presented Robert with a bowl of ice cream and discussed his own previous romantic lows.


Access Hollywood player of Rob and Giamatti interviews in case youtube gets deleted





Access Hollywood

6 comments:

Iluvthemovies said...

He sounds great and he sounds so much more secure of himself, it is nice to see. I wish him the best.

twilightnan said...

Hi,@Iluvthemovies..our computer is playing up...I can't hear his velvet voice:(..he looks good in that Gucci suit...I feel sad not to see that beautiful twinkle in his eyes...given time I'm sure it will come back:)..just like you ,I wish Rob the very best.

No name said...

Rob, you are looking Devine and scrumptious. It's impossible to look any better, I am having a heart attack.
I am sooooo proud of you.

Iluvthemovies said...

Hi twilightnan, he does look gorgeous, yes many have commented about his eyes, I guess I am not paying attention or I am trying to ignore it. I think he is doing a fabulous job under the circumstances and you Brits are the best under pressure. He will be fine. In time he will be absolutely fine.

Missy Bombino said...

Holy hell! Heartbreak looks delicious on that man. Being a professional means doing your job well, even when you don't feel like it, and Mr. RP, my friends, has succeeded.

Nichole222 said...

Rob you are a beautiful man inside and out! I think you are a true English gentleman and awsome upcoming actor! I am excited to see Cosmopolis! Keep up the good work, love ya here in Indiana :) muwahhhhh!