Thursday, November 3, 2011

Rob at the Breaking Dawn Press Conference

Full video via Collider



Videos of Rob at the Press Conference HERE and HERE

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com


Via Hypable
Question: You've been playing Edward for 4 years, talk about the journey he's taken through the series. And for yourself personally.
Rob: I think in the broadest terms, Edward's journey.. I ignored the fact that he's a vampire and that he's 108, except for metaphorical purposes. You're left with a troubled teenager. It's a really simple story of him content with himself. He gets content by finding a woman and having a child. That's how a lot of troubled guys balance themselves out? At least that's the hope anyway.

Question: Bill mentioned that you said Edward was self loathing and it was never presented in the plot of the first three films.
Rob: I always thought that was the key ingredient. He's been stuck in adolescence. You think everything's unfair, he's been living with it for 100 years. You eventually get to the point of desperation. it was difficult to portray that and a love story at the same time. It's funny but Bill was the first person to say "I want to put this at the forefront" because Edward's the happiest he's been in the series. We did flashbacks that kind of reflect his anger.

Question: And your own personal journey?
Rob: It's presented a whole variety of obstacles. Growing into who I want to be. It's a very complicated maze. Also being propelled by some kind of jet, and going through the maze at the same time. It hasn't slowed down and I'm still trying to figure out where I'm at. But it's been fun. I didn't even know if I was going to continue acting before this happened, and now I have more of a drive than ever before.

Question: What's on your iPod right now?
There's this band called Pato (sp?). I Pianist called Arnold Dramale (sp?) I can't remember anyone else, sorry.
.. and Katy Perry!
(laughter)

Question: Can you talk about your last moments of ever playing Edward?
Rob: She made a joke in the woods? Oh yeah, about running after Jake and saying she made a mistake. Yeah she's done that throughout the series.


Rob: The birth scene (talking about that now), I read that scene and was kind of astonished. I knew it was crazy but I couldn't believe it was actually written down and we were going to do it. It was terrifying going into it. It ended up being this kind of - it was one of the most incredible scenes to do in this movie. THere's this R Rated - or NC 17 rated version of a few scenes in this movie. (laugh) Because of the violence, it gave you a lot of freedom in the scene. The characters were so desperate, it became something very very different.
Rob: To do this thing where he's suddenly playing Edward who's stuck between an emaciated dummy's legs, getting cream cheese all over your face, and then pulling out a three-week-old baby, it was overwhelming (laughin lots)

Question: last moments playing Edward?
Rob: The very last moments I was in the Caribbean, on the beach. It was incredible. It was the only time I did anything like that in the Twilight movie. The last scene with everyone.. it was 2 weeks of cold, end of night shoots. It was freezing cold, pouring rain. It was symbolic kind of how all the movies were shot (laughs). it doesn't feel like the end of it yet. Also because the press tours have become so huge. This feels like part of the process. Until the last one's released, I don't feel like I've finalized anything.

Question: Have you ever had a super nervous/super happy moment in real life like Rob did in the wedding?
Rob: I can't even think of one.. I was walking around in Paris the other day. Actually no, that's a bad example. I can't remember a specific example, sorry!

Question: You've done all these huge franchise films. What do you like doing really? The independent film? The big film? Gunning for Harrison Fords record of doing every franchise out there? What's next for you?
Rob: I don't know. I approach these moments the exact same way. Smaller movies are great because you don't have to argue with so many people all the time. But really I like arguing so there's a balance either way. With independent movies it's nice to see - sorry, I just noticed your dog down there, I'm boring him to sleep (someone's dog is here). Yeah, it's nice to see someone directing who's so pleased with it. He's proved himself time and time again. I've never worked with someone who'sf elt absolutely no pressure. It's nice that the pressure isn't caused by compromises.

Question: You've talked about wanting to get back into music. Is that still a priority?
Rob: Yeah. I record stuff a lot but - there's something about handling the criticism with movies, you can always blame it on someone else. But with music, you're basically putting an album out for people to judge it. I don't care what they say but the day it comes out I know I'll look online to read reviews.

Question: You guys were immortalized earlier today. How do you feel about that?
Rob: I stayed at the Magic Castle the first few times I came to LA when I was like 17. I used to walk down to Hollywood blvd all the time and never knew it looked the way that it does. Honestly I don't feel like I've even done it. It's like this wave has happened and I'm just on it. I've never really had any kind of - I feel like now is all part of the same thing. I was kind of embarrassed because I stood up and messed up my own handprint!
Rob: It's incredible. It represents something amazing. It's mind blowing.

Question: You guys experienced an extravagant wedding. Would you want one of those in your own life?
Rob: It does seem like a bit of a hassle. I was just doing an interview with Kristen. She got annoyed with me for saying the groom's role in a wedding is just as a prop (laughter). Playing the part, you kind of realize it's a clear indication when you're staring at one end of the aisle and EVERYONE is looking at the girl coming down in a princess dress (laughs)
Rob: it's really just.. any guy who tries to get involved in a wedding, or has an opinion, ... it's whatever your wife decides a do.

Questoin: So that's a no?
Rob: What doing a fancy one? No.


Pictures: @Twilight | @katespencer | @taryder | teamtwilighters | @marcmalkin | Youtube | Twilightish

No comments: