Monday, November 21, 2011

David Cronenberg keeps talking about Rob "He's brilliant in the movie, he's fabulous."


"I have no control over that, obviously. All I know is, as with Keira, I thought that Robert was very underrated. I mean, Keira has done more work than Robert has, but in England, they're always on her for whatever weird English class reasons. I'm not sure what that is. I always thought she was a substantial actress, and I had no doubt that she could really ace this role. I felt the same about Rob. The fate of the movie, though, who knows. I certainly think this. I don't think that any director who's looking to see what Rob can do, will not be able to see how terrific he is by looking at Cosmopolis. Even if the movie isn't a success at the box office, creatively, as far as I'm concerned, it is a success, and for Rob, it totally is. He's brilliant in the movie, he's fabulous. If nothing else, it will be a great demo film for Rob, for any other director who's looking for a great actor."

The filmmaker also talked about shooting both Cosmopolis and A Dangerous Method back-to-back.
"It was a wonderful shoot, as was A Dangerous Method, actually. They were both very beautiful shoots, even though they were both quite different in tone, which, for me, is delightful, because, to do two movies, back-to-back, they are both so different. The one similarity is that they're both very dialogue-heavy. That was kind of interesting, but they have very different dialogue."


Read full article at MovieWeb

1 comment:

Iluvthemovies said...

I feel so awful for David Cronenberg always having to defend his hiring of Rob. I am sick to death of juvenile boys and mental retentive men who just don't understand why many women love Twilight. I want to address something if men or boys are watching Twilight and don't like it why would watch the sequels, what does that say about them. I could trash those little tweebs, but what is the point, it is a waste of energy on no-nothings who just want to see themselves on the internet to get attention, which speaks volumes about them. I have said it before I think Rob will do fabulous in this film and I thank David for giving him a chance. This is what he needed to breakaway from the Twilight franchise and to have a very creative career in the future.