Monday, March 8, 2010

J-14 Compares Tyler Hawkins and Edward Cullen



From the first time my eyes saw the words "Edward Cullen" in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight book, it was love at first read. Every line out of his mouth made my heart melt just a little bit more. (It went as far as me forcing my mom to read the books so she could get to know her "future son-in-law" -- seriously!)

And when Rob Pattinson was cast to play him in the The Twilight Saga films, my obsession for Team Edward spiked to a whole new level. His brooding looks, those little smiles cracking from the corners of his lips, and the beyond romantic ways he did anything and everything.

So when I first saw the trailers for Rob's new film, Remember Me (opening March 12), I was fully aware this was no Edward Cullen. And in all honesty, nothing about the preview made me want to see the film. Sure, I'm a sucker for a coming-of-age tale packed with romance, but he just seemed so unrelatable.

And then I found out the ending. I won't spoil it for you guys, but accidentally finding out how it concluded made me need to see the film... right away. And luckily enough, last Monday after covering the red carpet premiere of the film and chatting with all the cast and crew about it, I was able to see it right away. And W-O-W.

Let's just say, this is one affective film that will stick with you for the rest of your life. But a big part of it is the way that Rob plays the very-human character of Tyler Hawkins.

So I'm officially launching Team Tyler right now... starting with my Top 5 reasons you might just fall in love with Tyler as much as Edward (I won't go as far as saying more than Tyler...yet...)

1- The lamely adorable way he picks up girls -- just wait until you see him work the charm with Ally (Emilie de Ravin).

2- The too-cute way he says, "Abso-freakin'-lutely!" to his little sister Caroline (Ruby Jerins) when she asks if he'll go to her art show.

3- His heart-wrenching relationship with his deceased older brother... so close that the moment he falls in love, he rushes off to write to him about her at their favorite diner.

4- His determination -- he does everything he can to win Ally a gigantic bear at the carnival... and ends up paying for it!

5- The big brother heart that has him carrying a pink sleeping bag, defending her against mean girls, and reading stories about Greek gods to her in bed to make her feel better. Awww!

So get ready to fall in love with another of Rob's characters (I started way back with Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire!) in a whole new way!

Source

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just got home from seeing "Remember Me", and had no idea what the ending was. I thought I'd spend a nice afternoon seeing a chick flick I'd never get my hubby to go to! I also admit to being a "TwiMom", but never expected the tears driving home. Robert P makes me feel like I'm 18 again.