Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Robert Pattinson: Being 'Harry Potter' Regular Would Drive Him 'Crazy'


'Twilight' star and onetime Hogwarts student is glad he's not tied to his franchise for 10 years.

Before Robert Pattinson was turned into "Twilight" vampire Edward Cullen, he made a brief stopover in a different book-based movie franchise with a cult-like following. He spent almost a year as Cedric Diggory, filming "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" alongside Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson, and that was quite enough time at Hogwarts for him.


As RPattz comes close to wrapping principle photography on "Eclipse," he professed to be thankful to be part of the vampire saga rather than the boy-wizard one, because working on a single franchise for an entire decade would drive him nuts.

"The 'Harry Potter' I worked on was an 11-month shoot,'" the 23-year-old Brit said in an interview with TotalFilm.com. "I couldn't be doing that. I don't know how those guys stayed sane — they've been doing it for 10 years. I would go completely crazy."

Asked if he felt stifled by his own franchise, Pattinson replied, "Not really. I guess I have no choice right now — because I'm contracted to do them. But they're all going to be done quite quick. I'll have done three of the four by October of this year, then I'll only have one more to do."

Does that mean "Breaking Dawn," the final book in Stephenie Meyer's series, will in fact be one movie, rather than two, as has sometimes been rumored? That remains an open question.

In any case, while Pattinson couldn't imagine being a "Harry Potter" regular, his one-time co-stars have nothing but fond memories of the actor and would surely welcome him back into the franchise.

"He was always very intelligent, nice, talented, good-looking, had everything there," Watson told MTV News in July. "I'm not surprised he's been successful. I'm surprised that it's got this insane. I think he's a great actor."

Radcliffe said Pattinson's rise has provided him with a new perspective on his own fame. "It's really interesting for me, as somebody who is a central feature of a pretty huge franchise," he explained to us. "I have no concept of what 'Potter' looks like to the rest of the world because I'm so involved in it. So to watch 'Twilight' kind of explode globally had been fascinating."


Source

No comments: